The Holiday Season is underway and CTN has a special line-up of seasonal programs and events to celebrate!
Well, folks young and old are making their lists and checking them twice, holidays tunes can be heard pouring from every radio and retailer, and baby, it’s getting cold outside!
That’s right! It’s that time of year again—the most wonderful time of the year—and, with elvish industriousness, CTN has been busily at work preparing a splendid selection of special programming this holiday season!
In this podcast I will describe for you a few of the delightful, spirit-filled shows CTN will offer to add a little extra warmth and cheer to your holiday celebrations and festivities this year.
Note: Not all dates and times of programs are listed, for a complete program schedule visit CTN’s website.
The following is a list of the Christmas-themed programs submitted by Ann Arbor residents for telecast on CTN’s Public Access Channel 17 (Comcast Cable):
Chat with Santa!
on December 9 from 6 PM-8 PM
and call the Studio Line at
Santa will greet you live from his living room at the North Pole and will be happy to hear your hopes and dreams for this holiday season!
The following is a list of the Christmas-themed programming submitted by Ann Arbor residents for telecast on CTN Public Access Channel 17 throughout the month of December:
“Access Ann Arbor: Winter Green Arrangements”
- Learn how to arrange fresh greenery for the holidays
“Tree Town Community Chorus Christmas”
- 25-member, mixed-voice choir from Ann Arbor
“We Need A Little Christmas”
- The Women’s Chamber Chorus with the Chamber Maids perform at Ann Arbor’s Westside United Methodist Church
“A Michigan Christmas with Fat Bob Taylor”
- The late Fat Bob Taylor’s signature Christmas song comes to life in this video that mirrors the beautiful lyrics of how lovely Ann Arbor is during the holidays.
“Christmas Time Music Video”
-Ann Arbor band M-16 music video
"Rudolph the Reindeer"
- Seniors in Action News interviews Rudolph regarding the rumors that he’s about to retire
“Here Comes Santa”
- Round and jolly, his belly shakes like a bowl full of jelly!
"The Junior Christian Science Bible Lesson: The Christmas Story”
- David Hart tells the story of the birth of Jesus through puppetry.
“The Relevance of the Holy Land: The Christ of Christmas”
- Sharing the Christ of Christmas with a slide presentation of Israel.
CTN’s CitiTV Channel 19 has also gotten into the holiday spirit with their own holiday specials:
The Classic Arts Showcase- Featuring holiday-themed music, ballet, dance, arts & artists, theatrical performances, and classic films all month long in December
- Including a special marathon of programming throughout the day on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
High School sports marathon on New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day
- Including Volleyball, Football, Soccer, and Water Polo.
- High schools featured will be Pioneer, Huron, and Skyline For more information about any of these special holiday programs, including a schedule of air dates and times, or to find out how you can get involved here at Ann Arbor’s Community Television Network, visit CTN’s website at www.a2gov.org/ctn.
ATTENTION CTN PRODUCERS!
Come to the
Special Holiday Producer's ShowcaseDecember 14th, 2010, from 6 to 8 PM
- Saluting the community producers and CTN staff members who recently won awards in international, national, and regional competitions
- Screening a selection of works by community producers followed by Q & A sessions following each
- Mingling and networking with our talented pool of fellow producers
This has been just a quick overview of the wonderful programming CTN will be featuring this holiday season. You can find more information on CTN's website.Be sure to stay tuned to your CTN Comcast Cable Channels 16, 17, 18, and 19 for that award-winning community programming!
Subscribe to this blog and stay up-to-date on fun and interesting programs and events both at CTN and the surrounding Ann Arbor community!
You can also subscribe to this podcast in iTunes, watch us on YouTube, follow us on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook as well! If you have any questions or would like to speak with one of our staff members about getting involved at CTN please give us a call at 734.794.6150. On behalf of everyone at CTN, we would like to wish you a truly blessed and happy holiday season!
Thank you for listening to CTN’s a2ikog podcast,
I’m your host, Rebecca Rhodes,
Keeping Ann Arbor In the Know on the Go!
Community Access Assistant & a2ikog podcaster
*"Victorian clip art courtesy of Averyl's Attic: http://www.averyl.com/attic"